It is difficult to lead in today’s highly uncertain and volatile environment. The context is shifting all the time, the demands on our businesses are constantly changing, and people are stressed and tired. Our human systems are overwhelmed.
People in survival are not at their best. They work less well with others and are often defensive. This applies to us as much as our team members. Team performance suffers. Projects suffer. Important opportunities are missed. Even if we hit our numbers and reach our goals, this comes at a high price and we are exhausted.
On top of it all, we cannot help but take some of that work stress home with us. Our personal relationships may take a hit. We may also start to experience health problems or even burnout. The truth is traditional methods of responding which we know are no longer sufficient.
There is a profound opportunity before you right now as a leader. Rather than just weathering the storms, you can use these volatile times to get stronger. You already have an extraordinary skill set to have led your team or company to where it is today; however, what is required of effective leaders to thrive in today’s turbulent landscape is to develop the next level of personal resilience and the capacity to help your team be resilient too.
This course provides leaders with a powerful toolkit of advanced resilience skills. Taking a brain-based approach, we first focus on strengthening individual resilience at the instinctual, emotional and mental levels. Then we add the interpersonal and team dimensions and build the habits that cultivate resilience in our lives at work and at home.
Resilience cannot be developed by reading a book about the topic or understanding the newest developments in neuroscience. Just like learning to ride a bike, we must build it through experience and practice. Each of the 5 weekly course modules combines theory and research with ample group time to apply the learning and practice the skills and behaviors during the weekly Resilience Hour.
In this program you will gain:
- An advanced resilience toolkit that strengthens your ability to navigate the times of high uncertainty and relentless change as a leader.
- A deep understanding of how your survival system gets triggered and how you can strengthen and optimize it for better interpersonal results.
- The ability to self regulate and recover from setbacks even under the most dire or stressful circumstances.
- A strong knowledge of team resilience, helping teams anchor, regulate and work together effectively under stress and duress.
- A peer cohort of leaders like you trained in these skills which provides a profound source of learning and support as you navigate uncertainty and change in your business and life. If you wish, these relationships can last well beyond this course.
This course runs for 5 consecutive weeks. It has 3 building blocks:
- Content: Each of the 5 modules has a specific theme and contains 40-60 minutes of online lecture material explaining key concepts and research. A new module will be released each week for you to review before the weekly Resilience Hour.
- Practice: Each week we will get together as a group for the Resilience Hour on Zoom. This is the core of the course where we develop and practice the skills provided in the toolkit.
- Application: Between the sessions you will apply your new skills to your professional and personal life throughout the week. And then, 4-6 weeks after Module 5, we will come together for one final extended Resilience Hour to review progress and anchor the learning.
In Resilience One you will learn how to lead effectively in high uncertainty conditions and continue to strengthen your resilience muscle. You will gain a set of tools to navigate relationships and high stakes conversations under even the most stressful scenarios. More generally, you will enhance your ability to maintain your well-being and respond fluidly to ambiguity and change. These learnings will allow you and your teams to not just survive challenging times but to get stronger and thrive because of them.