In this second course, we build upon the foundational learnings from Resilience One but now focus on building relational and team resilience, helping others manage their nervous systems, grow from setbacks and maintain performance. These are crucial leadership skills during these times of uncertainty and disruption and will increasingly differentiate leaders and organizations in the future as change and volatility continue to increase in our world.
Prerequisite: Completion of Resilience One
Just like Resilience One, each of the 5 weekly course modules combines theory and research with ample group time to apply the learning and practice the skills and behaviors during the weekly Resilience Hour. This course adds a set of weekly exercises you will complete at work to practice supporting your team around resilience and begin implementing the resilience tools with them.
In this program you will gain:
- The ability to achieve team resilience, helping others anchor, regulate and perform together even under the most dire or stressful circumstances.
- The capacity to track and create psychological safety, which is the number one predictor of team performance, and help a team maintain access to creativity and good decision making even under conditions of high uncertainty and duress.
- An advanced high stakes conversations toolkit that allows you to navigate these conversations with success and confidence. Skills include managing your and others' emotional reactivity, giving and receiving feedback effectively and relationship repair.
- A deep understanding of your own personal survival triggers and how you can work with them for better interpersonal results, good decision making and leadership success.
- A peer cohort of leaders like you trained in these skills which provides a profound source of learning and support as you navigate uncertainty and change in your business and life. If you wish, these relationships can last well beyond this course.
This course runs for 5 consecutive weeks. It has 4 building blocks:
- Content: Each of the 5 modules has a specific theme and contains 40-60 minutes of online lecture material explaining key concepts and research. A new module will be released each week for you to review before the weekly Resilience Hour.
- Practice: Each week we will get together as a group for the Resilience Hour on Zoom. This is the core of the course where we develop and practice the skills provided in the toolkit.
- Team Exercises: Each week you will be given a series of exercises to do at work to practicing supporting your team and/or individual team members around resilience.
- Application: Between the sessions you will apply your new skills to your professional and personal life throughout the week. And then, 4-6 weeks after Module 5, we will come together for one final extended Resilience Hour to review progress and anchor the learning.
In Resilience Two you will learn how to build a team's resilience and ability to adapt and respond fluidly to conditions of high uncertainty and change. You will gain a set of tools to manage your own personal survival triggers and navigate relationships and high stakes conversations successfully. More generally, you will learn to create psychological safety and cause team dynamics that lead to high performance even under the most dire circumstances. By the end of this course your will have introduced some of the tools to your team and increased their capacity to be resilient too.
These learnings will allow you and your teams to not just survive challenging times but to grow stronger and thrive, readying your team and organization for a future world of continued volatility and uncertainty.